Don’t banish the Easter Bunny, just have him hop over to fill your baskets with sugar-free treats.
* To make Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs, shape my Peanut Butter Balls into ovals before dipping in chocolate.
* Roll Chocolate Dipped Strawberries in pastel tinted coconut after dipping. Link to recipe: http://www.carbwarscookbook.com/choc_dipped.html
* Make individual Sponge Cakes in egg-shaped cupcake pans. Frost and decorate with Confectioner’s Icing.
(Recipes in bold are from Carb Wars; Sugar is the New Fat.)
* Chocoperfection and Livin’ La Vida Low Carb chocolate bars are perfect for Easter, all dressed up in their red and pink foil-lined wrappers. Available from http://www.lowcarbspecialties.com/.
* You can order a whole, ready-made basket of sugar-free goodies from the Low Carb Connoisseur at http://www.low-carb.com/. The assortment includes solid milk-chocolate rabbits and eggs, marshmallow rabbits and eggs, and sugar-free jelly beans.
* And don’t forget to include the original Easter treat, real colored eggs, which are always low carb!